We are happy to announce that “Passport to Broadway Shanghai” will return in 2019!
The Program Dates are March 30 – April 5, 2019 and September 28 – October 4, 2019.
Early Bird Registration Deadline for March 30 – April 5, 2019 is December 10, 2018. Post Early Bird Deadline for March 30 – April 5, 2019 is January 15, 2019.
Early Bird Registration Deadline for September 28 – October 4, 2019 is June 10, 2019. Post Early Bird Deadline for September 28 – October 4, 2019 is July 10, 2019.
See Application tab for more details and to register now as space is very limited in advance for this exclusive Broadway Education Program.
The program is brought to Shanghai by StudentsLive, International Passport to Broadway Division, an Award-Winning Broadway Educational Theater Programs. StudentsLive employs experienced Broadway professionals to provide an authentic, high-level experience to students who want to experience the preparation, rehearsal, and production phases of a Broadway-level performance. They have worked with over 250,000 students worldwide and run successful programs in the United States, Korea, Guatemala, Japan, Brazil, and most recently in Guangzhou and Shanghai China.
Read the message from Passport to Broadway Artistic Director/CEO Amy Weinstein in the next blog.
This is a rare opportunity for serious and aspiring actors, singers, and dancers to be led by experienced Broadway professionals through the preparation, rehearsal, and performance stages of a unique, customized musical (including over 25 of Broadway’s most popular classical and contemporary shows) over the course of seven days in Spring and Fall 2019. This will be an inclusive experience, with a mix of all skill levels, musical theater interest, experience, and age ranges. However, there must be a dedication and serious commitment to raise your skill level through this rigorous program. Interested students preferably will have experience with theater, dance, and/or singing and a strong desire to dedicate themselves over the seven days to move to the next level. StudentsLive will screen all applicants in a thorough and comprehensive manner before acceptance.
The Passport to Broadway program is also connected to exclusive invitations to optional summer programs in NYC. These programs include:
- backstage access and meetings with other Broadway professionals
- tours and informational sessions about NYC university theater programs, including the opportunity to earn scholarships.
We invite you to learn more about this unique program to see if it is the right fit for your aspirations.
Passport to Broadway Shanghai is truly a community experience open to aspiring actors older than age 13 including middle, high school, college students and older.
- Space is limited to 40/50 students. Reservations will be accepted immediately and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students from Shanghai Community International School receive a discount.
- For the March 30 – April 5, 2019 Session all Participants Registered and Paid prior to December 10, 2018 will receive an Early Bird Discount of 10%. Regular Deadline: January 10, 2019.
- For the September 28 – October 4, 2019 session all participants registered and paid prior to June 10, 2019 will receive an Early Bird Discount of 10%. Regular Deadline: July 10, 2019.
- Optional: Daily transportation is provided from Four Bus Stops in Shanghai to and from the SCIS Pudong Campus.
A 50% non-refundable deposit is due upon submission of application and final balance is due no later than December 10, 2019 for March 30 – April 5, 2019. A 50% non-refundable deposit is due upon submission of application and final balance is due no later than June 10, 2019 for September 28 – October 4, 2019. A Letter of Acceptance will be sent upon receipt of application and an invoice will be sent for the 50% non-refundable deposit and balance payments noting those due dates. If minimum participation for the program is not met, the program may be shortened or amended and the StudentsLive team will communicate with you in advance to share details and get participants approval. If the program does not meet the required minimums and has to be cancelled, a full refund will be sent within one month of the cancellation date. There is a maximum cap on participants chosen and students will be accepted on a first come first serve basis based on application acceptance review by StudentsLive. A more detailed letter will be sent approximately three months prior to the program. Advance materials will be sent one month prior to the workshop and will need to be reviewed and worked on prior to the performance.
How to apply?
- Download and Complete the application form on the Application tab.
- Send completed application to Jessica at Jessica@studentslive.net
- Complete payment of deposit. See below.
- DEPOSIT: A 50% nonrefundable deposit payment is due upon acceptance of your application to reserve a spot in the program. First come. First Served. Limited space available.
- BALANCE: To receive the 10% Early Bird Discount, the final 50% balance is due no later than December 10, 2018 for March 30 – April 5, 2019. After the Early Bird Discount has expired, the final 50% balance is due no later than January 15, 2019 for March 30 – April 5, 2019.
- BALANCE: To receive the 10% Early Bird Discount, the final 50% balance is due no later than June 10, 2018 for September 28 – October 4, 2019. After the Early Bird Discount has expired, the final 50% balance is due no later than July 10, 2019 for September 28 – October 4, 2019. (Exceptions to payment schedule may be made on a limited basis if space is still available after January 15, 2019 for March 30 – April 5, 2019 or after July 10, 2019 for September 28 – October 4, 2019.)
- Payments can be made by electronic bank transfer or cash. Details are included in the application materials.